Live Your Dream Award Application Information
Applications must be completed online, mailed or emailed to Soroptimist International of Watsonville and received by the November 15 application deadline.
Eligible applicants must be women who:
• Provides financial support for themselves and at least one dependent. (dependents can include children, spouse, siblings and/or parents).
• Have financial need.
• Are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
• Are motivated to achieve their educational and career goals.
• Have not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Award or Live Your Dream Award.
• Do not have a graduate degree.
• Are not Soroptimist members, employees of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
• Have a Social Security number or Tax ID number (only necessary if a resident of the United States). This is required for tax purposes.
There are three options to complete and submit the application:
- Go to the Live Your Dream portal at the Soroptimist International of the Americas website. Create an account and fill out the forms online. You can submit your application to the club of your choice (by zip code).
- If the portal is not available for some reason or if you choose, you can download and fill out the application found here and get the reference forms here. Remember to “save as” when you exit so your information is preserved.
- If you would prefer a paper version of the application packet and cannot print the above forms, contact a committee member (see below) to obtain a copy.
Submit your Application and Reference forms:
- If you used the SIA portal to fill out your application, you will submit your forms through them by the deadline.
- If you downloaded the forms from our website and completed them, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
- If you prefer, you may mail your completed application and reference forms to:
S I Watsonville
P. O. Box 442
Watsonville, CA 95077
Completed applications must be received by November 15 to be eligible for judging.
All applications received, whether via the SIA Portal, an email, or USPS will be considered.
S I Watsonville is awarding four LYD prizes. The first place award is $4000 and the three runners up will each get $3000. Get your application and recommendations in soon!
If you have any questions, contact a committee member for information:
LYD Committee Contact info:
Fia Ohmann – email: email@example.com or phone: 831-206-9401
Jan King – email: firstname.lastname@example.org